234 years ago today, an incredible event occurred. After many years of battle, first with the Native Americans for living where Caucasian Europeans wanted to live, and then with other Europeans for annoying the Europeans who abandoned Europe, America was born. Ever since then, the world has been a much better place. From the complete destruction of Japan to the wars all across the Middle East, everyone joins together in praising the 234 years America has been around.
Let’s look back at some proud events in American history, shall we?
- Trail of Tears
- Salem Witch Trials
- Unequal rights for women and minorities
- War with Europe (The American Revolutionary War)
- War with self (Civil War)
- War with Europe (World War I)
- War with Europe (World War II)
- War with Vietnam (Vietnam War)
- War with Middle East (Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan)
- Ku Klux Klan
- Illegalization of marijuana
- Assassination of Abraham Lincoln (done by an American)
- Assassination of John F. Kennedy (also done by an American)
- Developing nuclear weapons with the capability of destroying the planet (and using them)
- The Columbine Massacre
- Kent State Campus shootings
- Largest obesity rate
- Shooting anyone near the border between the U.S. and Mexico
- Finally accepting that the President doesn’t have to be a Caucasian man (less than one-and-a-half years ago)
…well, happy 234th birthday, America.